My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.sono-ma.com
and update your bookmarks.




Enter to Win 3 Signed Copies of Local Author Mark Sloan, MD’s “Birth Day”

Washington Post's Nora Krug says,

“Given the subject, "Birth Day" has a natural audience in curious, new and expectant parents. But anyone interested in the complex and, yes, miraculous way we all make it into this world will find lots to wonder over and ponder here, too.”  (Read full review here.)
Enter to win by simply leaving a comment on this post with the name of the baby featured in the Birth Day excerpt on Dr. Sloan’s website.  The contest closes on December 22, 2009 at 4:00 pm.


Gift Local & Gift Meaningful


The universal subject of birth makes “Birth Day” the perfect gift. Win a copy or purchase the book at our local Copperfield’s Store.  You can also purchase “Birth Day” here.

The book will be a feature in the gift basket I am creating for my brother and sister-in-law who are expecting a little girl in March. I also leant a copy to my hair dresser who is expecting.  Dr. Sloan's explanations of "why birth is so hard" were eye opening and hysterical.  His stories shed a whole new light on my own past birth experience.  I especially love the way he affirms the concept of doula support in the birthing room. Dr. Sloan's insights as a labor coach and father are a must read for every expecting dad.  Even this experienced doctor worried about fainting and committed faux pauxs as his wife's birthing assistant. 

Stay tuned for an engaging full interview with Dr. Sloan, scheduled to post on the birth of the New Year.  

***For another exciting local gift purchase, consider supporting this star struck family's daughter.  Nineteen-year-old Claire Sloan's photography is currently on PacSun's T-shirts.  PacSun tracked down Claire and asked to print 10,000 shirts featuring one of her photos.  Claire's work is now on T-shirts across the nation. Get yours today!***

14 comments

  1. Annie // December 8, 2009 at 8:28 PM  

    Sweet story about Robert's birth!! Seems like it'll be a neat book!

  2. Jen // December 9, 2009 at 9:08 AM  

    I can't wait to read more stories like the one about Robert!!

  3. Rick Gormley // December 9, 2009 at 3:59 PM  

    The book Looks amazing and the first baby he deliveried was named Robert BTW

  4. gretchen turzo // December 9, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

    Book seems well written and funny and also made me happy to have had a homebirth so that my girl came into our loving arms. Robert wasn't so lucky!

  5. Marina // December 10, 2009 at 8:12 AM  

    This book looks both informative and fun to read!

  6. Noelle // December 10, 2009 at 9:30 AM  

    Book looks fun and a definite must for expecting parents. Ditto on the post below re. homebirth...wish Robert could have had that joy as well.

  7. Jonathan // December 10, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

    Mark is a great Dr. - we can speak from LOTS of experience. I'm looking forward to reading his book about Robert and lots of other little ones...

  8. Anonymous // December 15, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

    I've already read the book about all the babies including Robert. I sure hope that I win these books so I can gift them to everyone I know that is currently having babies! They'll love reading Birth Day!

  9. Beth D. // December 15, 2009 at 4:41 PM  

    I've already read about all the babies including Robert in the book. I hope I win so I can gift the book to everyone I know who is expecting a baby. They will love reading Birth Day!

  10. Linda Dadko // December 15, 2009 at 5:55 PM  

    I read Dr. Sloan's book. The baby's name is Robert. Elizabeth, my daughter, gave me this book for Mothers' Day. I will give it to all the new mothers in my life.

  11. Tamarametcalf19 // December 20, 2009 at 4:48 PM  

    The babies name is Robert. I am expecting baby #3 and would enjoy this book a lot. Thanks for the giveaway. Tamarametcalf19(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

  12. Angela P // December 20, 2009 at 7:43 PM  

    Babies name is Robert. I would love to give this book to my really good friend and my cousin. I just found out they are both expecting their first child!

  13. Sono-Ma: Holly White-Wolfe // December 22, 2009 at 4:02 PM  

    The winner of Mark Sloan's books is Gretchen Turzo. Congratulations!

  14. Sono-Ma: Holly White-Wolfe // December 22, 2009 at 4:02 PM  

    Gretchen,

    You are the winner of Mark Sloans books "Birth Day." Please let me know how I can arrange to get these books to you. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails